Your WordPress Blog - Your Way!
There are lots of tools out there for blogging now. You can get set up with WordPress.com or Medium in no time and start writing content.
But these tools don't give you complete control. In this course, you will learn everything from choosing the right domain and setting up hosting to configuring some great plugins and even making money with your blog. This self-paced, text-based course will give you the exact step-by-step guidance you need for creating a custom blog with WordPress.
Self-Paced Text & Videos
What Will I Do?
The goal of all of our courses is to learn by doing, here's a rundown of what you'll do in this course:
- Learn how to create a content schedule
- Choose a good domain
- Install WordPress
- Customize your WordPress settings
- Pick a good theme (and learn why we picked it)
- Write your About and Contact pages
- Add default Categories and Tags
- Schedule some posts
- Use the Theme Customizer to add some personality
- Setup Widget areas
- Install and configure Jetpack
- Install and configure Yoast SEO (and how you can SEO your blog)
- Look at all the ways you can monetize your blog.
Who is This For?
The great thing about a blog is that anyone could (and arguably should) have a blog. This course can be for the very beginner - someone who's never set up a website before - or a freelancer who needs to beef up their online presence. This course is definitely for you if:
- You know WordPress but want to take a deeper dive by setting up a site using it.
- You have a fresh idea for a blog and are not sure where to start.
- You currently have a blog but want to improve the theme or plugins.
- You want to learn how to make money with your blog.